Life in Seika, Japan

Howdy there! My name is Kai and I am the Coordinator for International Relations in Seika Town, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan. Hopefully by reading this blog you all will get a good picture of what life is like in Seika town, and all the great things that happen down here.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Spreading the Word


Well I am back in the newspaper again! But don’t worry its all good news. Last week I was interviewed by Mr. Ryota Oshima of the Asahi Shimbun (“Japan’s Leading Newspaper”) about this blog site that I am writing as the Coordinator for International Relations in Seika Town.

We talked about how I got interested in Japan and how long I have been studying Japanese. Mr. Oshima also asked me what are my goals for writing this blog. Since my main goal is to publicize the attributes and qualities of Seika Town and to try to raise awareness about the events and programs that are happening in Seika getting an interview with a large and widely read newspaper like the Asahi Shimbun is a great help.

I hope that people living in Japan will read this article and check out the blog and then come down to Seika and see our beautiful town for themselves. Even better would be if people living around the world can read this blog and gain interest in Japan and Seika Town.

Thanks again to Mr. Oshima from the Asahi Shimbun for the interview and helping the spread the word about Seika Town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home