Life in Seika, Japan

Howdy there! My name is Kai and I am the Coordinator for International Relations in Seika Town, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan. Hopefully by reading this blog you all will get a good picture of what life is like in Seika town, and all the great things that happen down here.

Monday, February 04, 2008

冬の気分 It Feels Like Winter


土曜日の夜雨が降っていたので、日曜日の朝に起きたとき、窓から外へ見て、雪が積もっていたのはすごくびっくりしました。今まで精華町に住んで、2年目の冬ですのに、初めて雪が積もることでした。約5cmしか積もってなかったが、すごいけれいと思っていました。

そして、その冬の気分で、友達と一緒に京都市の西京極にあるアイススケート場に行きました。なんとか、今までの人生は一回もアイススケートをしたことがありませんでした。だから、初めてでした。一発目は怖いと思っていたが、頑張って三時間をスケートしたら滑れるようになりました。勿論、倒りましたが、楽しい経験でした。

This past Saturday night it was raining all night long so when I woke up and looked out the window to see snow covering everything on Sunday morning I was really surprised. This is the second winter that I have lived in Seika Town but this was the first time I have seen snow covering the ground. There was only about 5cm of snow covering cars and in the rice fields, but I thought it looked really beautiful.

So with that feeling of winter, my friends and I went to the ice skating rink in Nishi Kyogoku, Kyoto City. Somehow I have made it this far in my life without ever once having ice skated, so this was my first time. When I first stepped onto the ice it was really scary and I didn’t even see how I would start. But we were there for about 3 hours so by the end I was able to skate fairly well. Of course I fell down, but all in all it was a fun experience.
_

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a day in the life of a made up mountain village in Norway called Slapsefjell where you are taken on a tour around the town centre and ski slopes, get a chance to meet some of the local characters and see what’s going on. It is a homage to the Norwegian winter, the culture of cabin trips, skiing and the great outdoors
_____________
Eyaculacion Precoz

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankyou you wrote a very nice and knowlegefull article

Online Shopping in Pakistan 

 

Post a Comment

<< Home